Child Dental Benefits Schedule 2014
We offer Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) services as a bulk billed service provider.
- The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) provides financial support for basic dental services for children aged 2–17 years.
- Eligibility for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule: From January 2014, eligible families, teenagers and approved care organizations will receive a letter from the government to confirm eligibility. We cannot assist you with eligibility enquiries.
- Benefits available under the Child Dental Benefits Schedule: In 2014, benefits for basic dental services are capped at $1,000 per child over 2 consecutive calendar years. If you do not use all of your $1,000 benefit in the first year of eligibility, you can use it in the second year provided if you are still eligible. Any remaining balance will not be carried forward at the end of the second year.
- Benefits will cover a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions.
- Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital (dental treatment under general anaesthesia).
How can I use CDBS at EasyTeeth Dental Care?
- Inform our staff that you are eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule when making your initial appointment.
- You must bring your Medicare Card with you on the day of your appointment. Without your child’s Medicare details, we cannot offer you treatment under Medicare or provide you with Medicare item numbers.
- You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by accessing your Medicare online account at my.gov.au or calling the Medicare general enquiries line on 132 011.
- We require your consent prior to providing treatment to your child. Our staff should provide you with CDBS Bulk Billing patient consent form to fill upon your arrival.
- At the time of the appointment, our dentist must discuss your child’s treatment and any associated costs with you before providing the services. You should contact Medicare for the amount of out-of-pocket expenses for your appointments.
- You must fill in the consent form before any dental treatment can be provided to your child. This form must be filled in every time you come to the practice according to the Medicare guidelines.
- When our dentist has provided the services agreed for your child,we will process the claim electronically onsite. Although we are a bulk billing practice, in some unforeseeable situation, if the claims are rejected by Medicare or the electronic claims are failed, you are required to pay treatment fees upfront, a receipt will be issued for you to claim in person at Medicare offices.
- You cannot claim a benefit from CDBS and from your private health fund for the same dental service.